The Love Hypothesis Review

 Finally, after all the hype I have seen online, I have read The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood. The story follows this young scientist who fake dates one of the meanest doctors on campus, and ends up falling for him. Classic romance novel, and so well done.

At first I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book. It seemed very cliche and I was just feeling blah about it all. But then I started to get invested in the characters. I really liked Adam, and all his brooding moodiness. He was one of those characters that is bad to the world but good for his girl. I love that trope!

This book was easy to read, nothing too dense or hard to get through. I liked that the characters were diverse and there wasn't a lot of sugarcoating in the writing. It showed some accurate aspects of post secondary life, what with the challenges of navigating dating, friendship and financial strain. This can be relatable for university or college students reading this book, which is definitely the goal because its a YA novel. 

I really ended up liking Adam and Olive together, and I was glad that Tom Benton didn't get away with his nonsense, and that it all came to light and worked out in the end that way.

The only thing that was a little bit off putting for me is the fact that Adam is eight years older than Olive and he is a faculty member and she is a student, even though not his student, he is still in a position of power. I mean they go over that in the book, but still something weird about it to me. 

Overall, I liked the book, though. I liked the couple. I liked the ending. I liked the Fake Dating trope. I'm glad that I finally read the book and can jump on the bandwagon. 

You can find this book wherever you get your books!

Read and Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Is Release

The Story Keeper News

Ophelians Discussion Questions/Writing Prompts